Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sleep and the internet

My old friend... where have you gone? When did the idea of closing my eyes at night, snug in my own bed, and warm against my wife become alien to my existence?

Bear sleeps in the bed with us, and his tossing / turning and general noise (we call him Bear for a reason!) wakes me up about every 10 minutes. So I gave up sleeping in that bed. When he moves to the crib (basically as soon as he's normally sleeping through the night) I'll get to go back to the bed. But for now I sleep on the couch, every night.

Now that's not as bad as it sounds, because when we bought the house, we bought new furniture, and my one requirement for the couch, leaving colour, style and material completely to my wife, was that I be able to stretch out on it and it was comfortable for sleeping on.

But despite this, I never seem to be able to get to bed prior to 3 or even 4 am. And the alarm clock goes off (or Bug wakes up with cries of "Dad? Dad? Dad?") at 7:00 sharp. The reason - that damned internet thing!

If its not online gaming, its chatting with friends who live in completely different timezones. If I am not chatting with them, I'm Youtubing (is that a word?) or just generally surfing.

I think I need an intervention. Or at least some kind of therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment